Retrofuturistic 1960s England
Set in retrofuturistic 1960s England, you will find a city ravaged by war and rebuilt by delusionally happy people. Everything appears joyful in Wellington Wells, including its roads, its people, and its omnipresent television personality: Uncle Jack! But, it’s actually a world on the brink of collapse. Come unveil its dark history, and discover how and why its residents came to be so beguilingly happy.
Three Interwoven Narratives
Play as three flawed characters who must contend with their own guilty pasts and connections to the mysteries surrounding Wellington Wells. Each has a unique storyline in which they interpret and react to the dramatic events around them. Hide, conform, or fight back as each of them encounters black comedy and dangerous hope as they try to make their way out of their city. Or play in Sandbox mode, and experience dozens of encounters with your very offbeat — and very English — fellow Wellies.
A Dystopia of Your Very Own
In We Happy Few, no two playthroughs are alike. While the citizens of Wellington Wells will always want to ensure that you’ve taken your Joy, the procedurally generated world will ensure that your experience with We Happy Few is different and unique. Wellington Wells is never quite like you remember it.
Take Your Joy…or Don’t. The Choice is Yours
Customize your We Happy Few experience:
- Choose from a range of difficulties for new and experienced players alike
- Play through the story, or make your own story by customizing the sandbox
- Masochistic? Try permadeath!
- Collect recipes, scavenge items, and craft dozens of weapons, tools, and devices
- Creep, clash, or conform your way through puzzles and encounters
- Fight with the crazy weapons you can craft, or fight with your bare hands and don’t kill anyone!