- Each nation will get a new set of tools to further his goals, with regional decisions:
- federate some barbarians,
- form up a new colony,
- force march an army
- prospect for natural resources
- … and many more
Impediments and Boons
- The new campaign starts 2 centuries before the Empires campaign.
- Numerous peripheral regions impediments and boons have been added. For instance:
- you might encounter Impenetrable Forests, Nauseous Swamps, or other hard environmental conditions
- you might be blessed in some select regions by a rich soil, an oasis or a sacred grove.
There are more than 80 Impediments and Boons
Major nations of this time have seen a ‘special’ focus. Don’t expect to play Persia as you play Athens or Lydia! Events, missions, national modifiers, special units and specific buildings will make you play differently.