From the ashes of old conflicts, a new terror arises. The Umbrella Corporation and its crop of lethal viruses have been destroyed and contained. But a new, more dangerous threat has emerged. Years after surviving the events in Raccoon City, Chris Redfield has been fighting the scourge of bio-organic weapons all over the world.
| Publisher: Capcom (JP)
| Age Limit: 18+
| Developer: Capcom
| Release Date: 13/03/2009
In order to activate this game, you will require a third-party 'Steam' account. For full details on how to activate please follow this link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352
Now a member of the Bio-terrorism Security Assessment Alliance (B.S.A.A.), Chris is sent to Africa to investigate a biological agent that is transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures.
Co-producers and series veterans Jun Takeuchi (Lost Planet) and Masachicka Kawata (Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles) unleash an unprecedented level of fear for the next generation in Resident Evil 5, the sequel to one of the highest-rated videogames in history, according to Metacritic.com and Gamerankings.com. Promising to revolutionise the series by delivering an unbelievable level of detail, realism and control, Resident Evil 5 is certain to bring new fans to the series. New technology developed specifically for the game, as well as incredible changes to both the gameplay and world of Resident Evil will make this a must-have game for gamers across the globe.
- Two Playable Characters - Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns and is joined by new playable character Sheva Alomar, an African BSAA agent tasked with investigating the epidemic.
- Two Player Online Co-op - New cooperatively-focused gameplay revolutionizes the way that Resident Evil is played. Chris and Sheva must work together to survive new challenges and fight dangerous hordes of enemies.
- Next Generation of Fear - Features groundbreaking graphics that utilize an advanced version of Capcom’s proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.
- "Quick-Select" Inventory System - Improved inventory system allows items to be traded between characters. To add to the intensity, all inventory management is done in real time; items can even be assigned to the directional pad for instant access.
- Dual Control Schemes - Experience the next generation of fear in a control scheme tuned specifically for your mouse and keyboard, or plug in a gamepad and tweak the controls console style.
- New Enemies Bring New Challenges - Enemies boast increased speed and intelligence, making them as dangerous alone as they are in groups.
- Powerful New Weapons - The number of weapon variations has been greatly increased providing new ways to keep enemies at bay.
- Fear Light as much as Shadow - Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense as players attempt to survive in both harsh sunlight and extreme darkness.